Category: 30a TV Archives Years Past
– Emperor Penguins can stay underwater for around 20 minutes at a time.
– Emperor Penguins often huddle together to keep warm in the cold temperatures of Antarctica.
– King Penguins are the second largest penguin species. They have four layers of feathers to help keep them warm on the cold subantarctic islands where they breed.
– Chinstrap Penguins get their name from the thin black band under their head. At times it looks like they’re wearing a black helmet, which might be useful as they’re considered the most aggressive type of penguin.
– Crested penguins have yellow crests, as well as red bills and eyes.
– Yellow eyed penguins (or Hoiho) are endangered penguins native to New Zealand. Their population is believed to be around 4000.