In this segment we cook some Dolphin Fish (MAHI) with Capers and Asparagus with Butter Lemon Sauce and it's YUMMY Chef Stephanie is a Private Chef who cooks meals for you and can even deliver - so if you don't fancy making dinner, she will - Visit her facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ChefStephanieFL
One thought on “In The Kitchen With Stephanie”
2 8oz Fillets of Fresh Local Mahi Mahi
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of Old Bay Seasoning
1 bunch of Asparagus, trimmed
2 cups of cooked basmati rice
1 cup of Chicken Stock
2 lemons, juiced
1T capers, drained
3T olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once rolling boil is reached, add salt until water is “as salty as the sea”. Make an ice bath (bowl of ice water). Drop the trimmed asparagus into the boiling salty water. Cook for 2 minutes. Pull asparagus and place straight into ice bath. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle salt onto fish fillets. Set aside.
3. On a plate mix the flour and Old Bay Seasoning. Heat the 2T of oil in a saute pan on med-hi. Place the fish into the flour mixture and make sure the entire fillet is lightly covered. Cook in the oil for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. In the same (fish) pan add lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers and place back on heat on med-hi. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat 1T olive oil and 1T butter in another saute pan on med-hi. Drain the asparagus and paper towl dry. When butter just starts to sizzle add asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss in butter and saute for about 4 minutes.
6. Place rice on a plate, asparagus on the side, and the fillet on top of the rice. Pour the lemon butter caper sauce over the plate and enjoy!