GCSC’s Visual & Performing Arts Division presents “Burt (Or When I Was Five I killed Myself)” Panama City, FL – The Visual & Performing Arts Division at Gulf Coast State College is proud to present “Burt (Or When I Was Five I killed Myself)” by Teddi Yaeger. “Burt (Or When I Was Five I killed Myself)” is adapted from the novel by Howard Buten. Institutionalized at eight years of age, Burt Rembrandt is being detained for what he did to his classmate Jessica. This is his story – an acclaimed narrative about the chasm that exists between childhood and adulthood. The cast of the production includes: Drew Rowell, Amy Tinch, Christian Sullivan, Bailey Ferns-Siller, Tyler Kent, Susanna Lloyd and Jessica Dobos. The stage manager is Maggie Jones, light design is by Emma Nelson and sound design by Chandler Mulholland. The play is directed by Jason Hedden. The play is recommended for mature audiences.
- All performances will be held in the Amelia Center Theatre Lab on the Main Campus.
- Friday and Saturday evening performances will be held February 14-15 and 21-22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday matinee performances will be held February 16 & 23 at 2:30 p.m.
- General admission tickets are $20 and $10 for military and seniors.
- Seating for this production is limited. Advance tickets may be purchased at gulfcoast.edu/arts.
- GCSC and FSU PC students, faculty and staff are admitted free with a valid ID.