The season of love is coming to prepare, Emerald Coast Theatre Company (ECTC) gives you 10 “dramatic” ways to show you care.
1. Give the gift of live theater. ECTC presents the dramatic, adventuresome comedy Popcorn Falls, Friday, Feb. 12 through Sunday, Feb. 28. Nathanael Fisher and Jason Hedden take the ECTC stage to portray more than 20 roles in a world of farce, love and desperation proving once and for all that art can save the world—or at least their town. Performances are Thursday through Sunday at 7:30 p.m. with 2 p.m. Sunday matinees Feb. 14, 21 and 28. This production is staged at ECTCs performance space located upstairs at 560 Grand Boulevard in Grand Boulevard at Sandestin in Miramar Beach. Tickets are $32 per person for adults, $30 for seniors/military and $28 for students. Purchase tickets online at www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org.
2. For the music lover in your life. ECTC’s three performances of Broadway on the Boulevard will be Tuesday, Feb. 4, 5, and 6 at 7:30 p.m. on ECTC’s Second Stage at its upstairs performance space at 560 Grand Boulevard. Mix, mingle, and enjoy live musical selections performed by talented performers from ECTC’s Musical Theatre Cabaret Class. Tickets are $22 per person for adults; $20 for seniors/military; $18 students. Purchase tickets online at www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org.
3. Who doesn’t love a good story? Theater is about the art of storytelling and ECTC has four great storytelling performances remaining in the series that will get your heart beating. Three Palaces at Yalta a world premier by Bruce Collier (Feb. 9); Give ‘em Hell Harry starring Alan Tuttle (Jan. 26 and Feb. 2); Katharine Hepburn starring Shirley Simpson (Feb. 23 and March 2). Purchase tickets online at www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org. Tickets are $32 per person for adults, $30 for seniors/military and $28 for students.
4. ECTC Gift Cards are a great way to say I Love You. Purchase online in any amount that suits your budget. ECTC gift cards are good for theater tickets to the Mainstage productions, Theatre for Young Audience shows, and Education performances. Just click “Gift Card” on the ECTC website home page.
5. The Giving Tree is the gift of the heart that pays it forward. Donate $100 or more toward ECTC’s Capital Campaign and your name (or a name you designate) will be added to the sparkling Giving Tree glass art painting by award-winning Destin artist Mary Hong. Your generous donation will be on full display in ECTC’s lobby for all to appreciate. Go to www.EmeraldCoastTheatre.org, click “Support Us” on the homepage and then follow the link to the “Capital Campaign.”
6. ECTC “swag.” Deck them out in ECTC brand merchandise such as the traditional black t-shirt design, ($20); ECTC navy Tribe t-shirts, ($20); and new this year, the popular ECTC gray hoodie ($30). (While supplies last.) Purchase in person at the ECTC box office at 560 Grand Boulevard before or after performances. For more information, email email@example.com.
7. Have (an honorable) heart. Say ‘I love you’ with a meaningful donation to a great cause. Donate to ECTC in honor of someone you love, or have loved. Visit the ECTC website and follow the prompts.
8. For the creative in your life. The Paul Londe Education and Scholarship Fund was founded in honor of a dear man who was an avid arts advocate and encouraged his loved ones to follow their creative dreams. ECTC provides scholarship funds to select young thespians in need. To donate to this program, visit EmeraldCoastTheatre.org, click on “Education” tab and then “Scholarship” in the drop-down menu.
9. Text-to-Give. Don’t grab another gadget, check off the tech-lover in your life with a simple text message. Text “ECTC” to 56651 and follow the prompts to make an electronic donation.
10. The recipe for love! ECTC is launching a new creative cookbook Recipes in the Limelight: An Emerald Coast Theatre Production. Enjoy favorite recipes from ECTC friends, family and local chefs along with photography of ECTC productions and artwork by ECTC junior thespians. Cover art by local award-winning artist Juan Francisco Adaro. Cookbooks are $25 each with proceeds benefitting ECTC. To pre-order your copy, email Sherry Londe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The staff and board are feeling the Emerald Coast love this Valentine season; our patrons, sponsors, and volunteers have all made us feel so special. The support from so many has made our hearts full and inspired us through a challenging time,” says ECTC co-founder and producing artistic director Nathanael Fisher.
To make a tax-deductible donation, volunteer or learn more about Emerald Coast Theatre Company, find them on Facebook, call (850) 684-0323 and visit www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org.
ABOUT EMERALD COAST THEATRE COMPANY
Emerald Coast Theatre Company is a 501(c)(3) founded in 2012 by Nathanael Fisher, MFA, and his wife, Anna Fisher. Based in Miramar Beach, Florida, ECTC’s mission is to enrich and entertain the Emerald Coast community through professional and educational theater. ECTC operates year-round with a two-fold mission to provide both educational and professional offerings to the Northwest Florida community. Educational outreach includes after school and home-school programs, touring and staged productions, summer camps, workshops and classes. The professional theater efforts are focused on thought provoking productions, festivals and collaborations as well as acting and improv workshops and classes for adults.