Fall is in the air, and in South Walton that means wine festivals, live music and the perfect opportunity to explore the area’s four state parks and endless miles of hiking and biking trails. Whether you plan to stay active or simply relax along 26-miles of sparkling white sand beaches, this fall, South Walton’s beautiful weather will pair nicely with classic events and a few new celebrations as well.
“Fall is a popular season in South Walton for locals and visitors, and more vacationers seem to discover the season each year,” says Visit South Walton Communications Director David Demarest, “the art, wine and music festivals are favorite attractions, with each offering something unique while celebrating the artistic culture of our 16 beach neighborhoods, our culinary diversity and the lifestyle we enjoy here.”
Here is an overview of events being held in South Walton during fall 2017:
- Baytowne Art Walk Sept. 1-3 at 5 p.m.
- The Village of Baytowne Wharf is celebrating the final days of the summer season with a variety of artwork from regional and local artists, live music and much more plus, admission is free!
- Labor Day Weekend at the Hub Sept. 1-4
- The Hub at WaterSound Beach is offering live local music, football and more. The showcase of live music each night will include the granddaughter of Willie Nelson, Raelyn Nelson, playing with her band on Saturday, September 2.
- Gulf Place Summer Sunday Concert Sept. 3 at 5 p.m.
- Join Kickstand Jenny in Gulf Place for the final show of the Summer Sunday Concert Series. Make sure to bring chairs or blankets. Admission is free.
- End of Summer Throw Down at The Bay and Borago Sept. 5 at 12 p.m.
- Wind down the summer at the Choctawhatchee Bay with The Bay and Borago. There will be food and drink specials, beach games, live music and more. At 4:30 p.m., hop on a paddleboard with YOLO Board to join in on the Bay2Borago Paddle and paddle from The Bay to Borago to continue the party.
- Bloody Mary Festival Oct. 7 at 11 a.m.
- Enjoy the Emerald Coast’s most creative Bloody Marys, live music, food and more at the third annual Bloody Mary Festival, hosted at The Market Shops in Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort! Proceeds will benefit the Habitat for Humanity Walton County.
- Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival Oct. 13-14
- The Village of Baytowne Wharf is hosting its 10th Annual Baytowne Beer Fest, which features more than 200 craft beers. During the main event on Oct. 14, there will be a craft beer tasting with more than 30 breweries.
- 30A Blue Crab Festival Oct. 13-15 at 6 p.m.
- Celebrate the 30A lifestyle at the second annual 30A Blue Crab Festival hosted at Trebeache in Blue Mountain. Proceeds will benefit The South Walton Artificial Reef Association.
- Rosemary Beach Uncorked Oct. 14
- Now celebrating its 7th year, the Rosemary Beach Uncorked wine festival will feature wine, food and more. The event is currently sold out, but tickets may be available through lodging partners. Proceeds will go to the Habitat for Humanity of Walton County.
- South Walton Celebrity Golf Classic Oct 26-28
- Hit the links with celebrities for the 21st Annual South Walton Celebrity Golf Classic at the Baytowne and Raven Golf Courses in Sandestin. Proceeds from the event will benefit Operation Renewed Hope Foundation, which provides housing and support to homeless veterans.
- Mountainfilm Festival Nov. 3-4 at 6 p.m.
- Experience incredible short films, food and drink, and a cozy night under the stars in Marina Park at WaterColor for the Mountainfilm Festival. The two-night outdoor film festival is dedicated to educating, inspiring and motivating audiences about important issues.
- Harvest Wine and Food Festival Nov. 2-5
- A new wine festival is coming to South Walton! The Harvest Wine & Food Festival is a three-day event in WaterColor and will feature world-renown wine makers, local restaurants, a silent auction, live music and much more. The event is hosted by the Destin Charity Wine Auction Foundation, which assists children in need in Northwest Florida.
- Seeing Red Wine Festival in Seaside Nov. 10-12
- Fodor’s Travel recognized the Seeing Red Wine Festival as one of the “Top 10 Can’t Miss Fall Wine Festivals.” This four-day festival features hundreds of wines, live music and local restaurants showcasing their farm-to-fork offerings. This year is the festival’s 27th anniversary. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Seaside Neighborhood School and the Institute
- Sparkling Wine and Holiday Lights Festival Nov. 18
- Stoll through Sandestin and enjoy various fares from restaurants, champagnes, holiday lights and a sneak peek of the lighting on the Village Tree.
About South Walton:
Located along a 26-mile stretch of white sandy beaches in Northwest Florida, South Walton encompasses 16 distinct beach neighborhoods, each with its own visual style, amenities and charm. South Walton is home to four state parks, one state forest, and more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails. Renowned for natural scenic beauty, turquoise waters and sugar sand beaches, South Walton was named one of the “Secret Florida Beaches” by Travel + Leisure, but is easily accessible as a drive to destination or by flying to nearby airports Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) or the Destin – Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS). An upscale, yet casual place to unwind, South Walton is the place to recharge and build lasting memories. Learn more at VisitSouthWalton.com or follow Visit South Walton on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Instagram.